Even if your car accident left your vehicle with minimal damage, you might have not been so lucky—our bodies are, of course, significantly different than the components of a car!
Perhaps your auto accident was on a simple trip to pick up groceries.
Before you knew it, tires screeched and metal made contact with metal. Before you could even determine what was happening, you were in an auto accident.
In the event that an accident wasn’t “major” in terms of how much damage the cars involved received, it might be easy to assume that you weren’t damaged. However, research has indicated that drivers can be injured and not even be aware of it right away even after a minor car accident.
A Clean Bill of Health? Not so Fast.
It’s possible that you went to the hospital after your accident just to get checked up. It’s also possible that you were told that there was nothing wrong with you. But just because you didn’t have any broken bones doesn’t mean that you didn’t have back injuries which were unseen at the time.
After an experience like this, you would be well advised to visit a medical practitioner who knows exactly what soft tissue problems look like.
Auto Injuries Are Unique and Deserve Special Care
Unfortunately, many soft-tissue injuries arising from auto accidents are going UNDOCUMENTED. We objectively document both the injuries and improvement based on AMA and AAPM “Gold Standards” for auto injury cases. We believe that patients deserve nothing less.
For example, auto injuries entail “real world” considerations – considerations like, “Do you provide GENTLE musculoskeletal care?” … “Can you treat me even if I don’t have insurance?” … “Do I HAVE to get an attorney?” Many of our patients know they have a condition and just want to get better – sometimes without an attorney. We can help either way. If you’ve been in an accident, we would be happy to discuss these topics further with you.
Many soft-tissue injuries are going UNDOCUMENTED
- According to the Insurance Research Council, 85% of automobile accident injuries entail injuries to the ligaments which “hold” the skeletal system together.
- The AMA has issued a clear directive on ligament injuries – ligament injuries need to be measured and quantified with exacting precision.
- The American Academy of Pain Management has also published standards for objectively documenting soft-tissue injuries and improvement.
- In my practice, I aim to follow AMA and AAPM “Gold Standards” relating to soft-tissue injuries.
- Auto injuries also entail “real-world” considerations – considerations like, “Do you provide GENTLE musculoskeletal care?” “Can you treat me even if I don’t have insurance?” “Do I HAVE to get an attorney?” At my practice, I am able to accommodate injured persons at NO-OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSE even though they have no insurance and do not wish to retain an attorney. Most of my patients know they have a condition and just want to get better – with no attorney!
We Can Help
If you’ve been injured in an accident… or THINK you may be injured… make sure to ask us about the Best Injury Practice Standards which we follow. For instance – what are the AMA / AAPM “Gold Standards” which apply in automobile accident cases? We will be happy to discuss these further with you when you call!
To discuss how Damato Chiropractic Center of Glastonbury can help you heal after an accident or injury, please call our Personal Injury and Workers Compensation Case Specialist at (860) 266-1167.
Frequently Asked Questions
My arms and hands hurt. Why?Because the nerves to the arms and hands exit the spine through the injured area of the neck, numbness and tingling are common. Even lower back pain can result directly from the trauma, or as a reaction to the loss of proper spinal curves.
I had an accident and over a week later I began experiencing headaches. Why?Your body will adapt to its environment and things that have happened to it. So whether you’ve been in a car accident or you’re experiencing stress in the workplace, you’ll adjust—but the body can only adjust so much. When your capacity to adapt is exhausted, symptoms can appear. This can take days, weeks, months or years to occur.
Can I expect to return to normalcy again?Many chiropractic patients report improved spinal function and a reduction of their symptoms. Those who delay seeking appropriate care often discover that scar tissue and long-standing spinal instability increases the recovery period.